Notifications
Clear all

What I’ve been experiencing sleep paralysis?

Topic starter

I have read online about sleep paralysis and most people describe waking up and feeling a weight on their chest, but mine is different from what I read online so I would like to know if what I have been experiencing for the last 3 years is in my sleep. Paralysis It usually happens when my sleep schedule is messed up and when I'm on the verge of falling asleep but actively trying to wake up, I'll suddenly go into this state where my whole body feels like a frozen feeling when my leg goes to sleep. The first time it happened was I was lying on the mattress next to my mom where I saw a shadowy figure creeping up behind her, after which I quickly closed my eyes as I panicked. I've also heard some audio hallucinations like whispers and voices that I can't describe. Ever since then, I've always experienced it when trying to stay awake when I'm tired. It doesn't happen when I'm half asleep, no heavy feeling in my chest and nothing from what I've read online, just an inability to move or speak. I just wanted to know if my experience is similar to others.

@davisrebecca712 I also have a slightly different impression from what you have. I spoke to the doctor and told him that I was developing various conditions like chest pain, and insomnia. He said that it was just my imagination. This is due to incomplete sleep or anxiety. It is normal not to take bow tension. If this happens to you too, then you need to have a consultation with the doctor.

2 Answers

Sleep paralysis is when you are awake but suddenly can't move or speak. This usually happens when you are going asleep or waking up. It might be scary, but it's generally not dangerous. Stress, bad sleep, or sleeping on your back are some of the things that can cause it. Sleep paralysis can be avoided by sticking to good sleep habits and dealing with stress in a healthy way.

Encountering rest loss of motion can be troubling yet is by and large innocuous. It happens when the body advances between rest stages, causing transitory muscle stability. During an episode, people might feel conscious however incapable of moving, joined by pipedreams and a feeling of tension. Dread and nervousness frequently escalate the sensations. While startling, rest loss of motion is a characteristic event and not demonstrative of a serious ailment. Further developing rest cleanliness, overseeing pressure, and keeping a predictable rest timetable might diminish its recurrence. If concerns persist, consulting a healthcare professional can provide reassurance and guidance on managing sleep-related issues.

Share: