Notifications
Clear all

My wife (25F) is being avoidant

Topic starter

My spouse (25F) along with me (26F) are married for more than an entire year. We're moving and separated for a couple of months due to the move, and she'll be moving in with me to our new residence within two weeks. While the process is as stressful as it has been, I'm concerned that she's been a bit distant and evasive when it comes to communicating and connecting with one another. The language she uses to express love is service-oriented acts and presents, mine is quality time and affirmations. We're both aware and are aware of the need to satisfy each other's needs in the respective languages. The lady has acknowledged my efforts however she hasn't made an effort in my languages of love, instead using her own. When I ask her about my issues or want to improve from her side She says she's focusing on her own needs and focusing on the movement. There are days when she's great at talking, but the days aren't affecting my mental well-being, particularly when she's not accountable. She gets angry when she is required to talk about concerns as well as "doesn't understand why we can't just let it go and go with the flow and have fun." This was never a problem prior to the change. I'm worried about her recent behaviour about the relationship, but I've been giving her more time and letting her connect with me more often. When we last spoke I informed her that the next time we spoke I'd like her to discuss the issue, and I'll not reach out until she's at the right place. What else I could do to help? Is there something that could aid me?

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Give her some room; if you push avoidants, there's a danger they'll become upset or irritated without intending to. She's presumably giving this move a lot of thought, so hopefully she's not attempting to back out or anything.

@lopezdavis455 Her mother figure before to the transfer was her aunt, with whom she had just been spending time. I appreciate your advice and will give her more room.

Share: