Notifications
Clear all

How do I choose between two potential partners.

Topic starter

I was in an affair with my first ever boyfriend for about 1.5 years. This was a long-distance relationship and online. I've never had the pleasure of meeting them. I moved to his country, but ended up breaking up before I even met them. The relationship was toxic, and we both showed our worst sides. We parted ways and made not communicate for a couple of months. I moved on and rehabilitated myself. I also started dating a different person. The new person and I have been seeing each other for a while, but we are not in a relationship as of yet. This person and I appear to be a healthy match. We are both respectful, and we are able to communicate. However, I reached out my ex to pay him back the money and things I was owed. I thought he might be in a better position, however he was struggling. He was determined to try it again. I said I was scared to take that step because we had a lot of issues, however the man said he was eager to do his best to make this work this time. He is willing to do his best and is willing to admit that was wrong. I'm feeling a little angst in this circumstance. Idk what to do. I should return and give my ex-partner the chance to prove me wrong, because what happens we both do our best to ensure it does work out? If I choose to stay and make a fresh connection which has only been running for a few weeks, What if I fail to capitalize on a chance to have an amazing relationship with my very first lover. And I'm worried that if I return to my ex and we fail, despite our best efforts, I'll regret having the opportunity to be pleasant and healthy, yet chose my past. My ex and I have an intense bond, but we never made sense. Our connection was the sole factor that kept us going. It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship. If we really work together, I think we could be successful, but I don't know if I'll be able to be able to do it when we come back together. Sometimes I am unsure if I should simply end the two and go on my own for a while.

1 Answer

It can be hard to choose between two possible partners. In a relationship, think about what's most important to you. Think about how they make you feel when you're together if you share beliefs if you can talk to each other, and if you are compatible. Before you decide, go with your gut and spend some time getting to know both people. Also, don't forget that it's okay to put your own happiness and health first.

Share: