Notifications
Clear all

22 M with Erectile Dysfunction

Topic starter

I am a 22-year male who is suffering from Erectile problems and lost sexual libido.

I'm taking 10 mg Paroxetine to treat anxiety disorders over the past 1.5 years. Atenolol (beta blocker 25 mg 2) for tachycardia because I suffer from mitral valve prolapse. I also take the statin (Rosuvastatin + Ezitimib 10+10) to lower Cholesterol because it was very high. Atenolol and statin were the only medications I started taking about 4 to 5 months ago.

I have morning wood, but when it comes to sex, the erection has gone away and it's tough to get an erection. In addition, my interest in sexual intimacy has diminished too. Erectile dysfunction began several months ago, although I did not have an problem while taking paroxetine as it was helping me to get older.

I am only 135 pounds and skinny 5’8.

Pls suggest.

2 Answers

Performance-based ED is a lot like general worry. Also, a lot of drugs used for mental health are known to have sexual side effects, like making you lose your drive or having trouble getting an erection.

My advice is that you work with your care team to find ways to lower the amount of anxiousness medicine you need. However, please work on this with your care team and be honest with them about the sexual problems you are having. This is a completely stupid thing to do without medical help.

General anxiety and performance-based ED are quite similar. In addition, a number of drugs used for mental health are known to have negative effects on sexual health, such as decreased libido and trouble getting an erection.

My recommendation would be to collaborate with your care team to find strategies for reducing the amount of medication you need to manage your anxiety. However, please cooperate with your care team on this and be honest with them about the problems you are having with sex. This is simply a very stupid idea to do without medical help.

Share: