Notifications
Clear all

Can High Cholesterol Cause Erectile Dysfunction?

Topic starter

I'm a man who is 28 years old and found out a few months ago that I have high cholesterol. I've had loose, particularly erections for over a year too. At first, I thought it was because my testosterone levels were too low, but they were fine. Now that I know I have high cholesterol levels, I think that might be why I can't get an erection. The inside of my penis has turned yellow. I showed it to a doctor, and he said it's because my penis isn't getting enough blood. Thus, I am now sure that my penis's bad blood flow is due to my high cholesterol. When I looked into this online, I found that there isn't a strong link between high cholesterol and erectile dysfunction.

So I want to know if anyone else here has had similar problems and if lowering your cholesterol levels helped you get your erection back.

1 Answer

High cholesterol can make it hard to get or keep an erection. Atherosclerosis is when arteries get small and hard, which cuts off blood flow. High cholesterol is the cause of this disease. This poor blood flow can hurt the penis, making it hard to get or keep an erection. Erectile Dysfunction caused by high cholesterol can be avoided by eating right, working out, and taking your medicine.

Share: