Notifications
Clear all

How to Build Emotional Intimacy in a New Relationship

Topic starter

I have been in a relationship for some time now, but I want to deepen my relationship so that we don't break up someday. So what should I do to strengthen my new relationship?

2 Answers

Openness, vulnerability, and trust are the building blocks of emotional intimacy in a new relationship. Talk to your spouse about how you're feeling and what you've been through, and pay close attention when they speak. Always behave with integrity and candor, and be considerate of others' feelings and perspectives. Get to know each other better by spending time together doing things you both like and talking about things that matter. Avoid pushing or hurrying into an intimate relationship; instead, wait for it to grow organically. Make getting to know each other more of a priority and investing time into the relationship if you want to build emotional closeness.

To get emotionally close in a new relationship, you need to be able to talk about your feelings, trust each other, and be open. Talk to your partner about your feelings, thoughts, and experiences, and really listen to what they have to say. Spend time together, have deep talks, and show that you understand and care about each other's feelings. Support, love, and respect each other, and work together to make the relationship safe and caring so that both people feel appreciated and linked on a deeper level.

Share: